CLICK-CLICK HERE ^^

KHJ MUSIC


Monday

[NEWS] Mannerly Kim

DESPITE letting fans and entertainment journalists fidgeting in their seats, South Korean superstar Kim Hyun Joong did not let those who waited go unacknowledged.
When the singer, clad in all-black, appeared at the launch of his latest album Break Down recently at the Grand Ballroom of KL Hilton, he awarded his patient admirers with a warm smile.
He also acknowledged everyone, especially those who had waited for over an hour, with a friendly wave. Kim seemed to be pleased, particularly with those who welcomed him at the airport. Some fans were also seen lingering at the hotel lobby to catch a glimpse of their Korean heartthrob.
Once an original member of SS501, Kim launched his solo album last month which has now sold over 100,000 copies worldwide.

"Break Down is a whole new concept, and this is my first solo album," he told a Press conference. A perfectionist, Kim hopes the album, slated for release here in October, would be recognised.

"I never thought my songs would be well-received throughout Asia. Hopefully, fans will get to know a different side of me in my next album," he said.

He loves all the songs in the album, especially Break Down "because of the message behind the powerful lyrics". "I hope Malaysians will like it too. All of the songs in the album are special to me."

On his new image, Kim decided to sport a more mature look for a change. "I want that mature and almost dark feeling to it. My friends and fans think it's quite cool and I get a lot of positive feedback from my Malaysian fans as well," Kim said.  After his Malaysian stopover, Kim will be busy preparing for his Asia Tour concert, which will begin in December.

"Everything is in place already, and I'll be kick-starting the first concert in December. As far as I know, Malaysia will be one of the stops."

posted by

Monday, August 22nd, 2011 17:05:00
THE MALAY MAIL