CLICK-CLICK HERE ^^

KHJ MUSIC


Friday

Kim Hyun Joong Top K-POP Star of June 2012


Breaking away from the labels attached to his boy band past as SS501’s leader, singer Kim Hyun Joong, who has set out to stand on his own two feet, lives by the motto ‘You only live once.’ But this doesn’t mean that the singer expects things to happen overnight.


“The motto I live by is ‘You only live once.’ When we say ‘You only live once,’ something like winning the lottery or the phrase ‘going out with a bang’ usually comes to mind, but that’s not what I mean. We really only have one life, and I want to live it to the fullest.”


A lifetime of 25 years may be long or short, depending on whom you ask, but Kim has tried to live every day diligently, and he is beginning to see the fruits of his labor as he establishes himself as a solo artist not only in Korea, but across Asia.

Having debuted in a group, Kim isn’t satisfied with where he is currently. Although the singer has traversed Japan, China and Thailand and been well-received in numerous other countries, when Kim is asked, ‘Do you feel settled?’ he says ‘Not yet.’

There’s no sign of slowing down for Kim, who released his first solo album in June and plans to release his second mini album Lucky on October 11.

“As a singer, I want to barrel full speed ahead because of my impending enlistment,” said Kim. “I want to make my mark as a singer before I enlist. In our country, there’s a tendency to be easily forgotten. Because I haven’t really established myself as an actor either, I’m thinking of doing a drama next year as well.”


It doesn’t take one long to realize that Kim is someone who carefully plans out his path. Following the release of his second mini album, the singer will release a winter-appropriate digital single in December, before releasing another album early next year and embarking on an Asian tour. The reason for the consecutive releases is so Kim can show fans a variety of performances during his tour.


Kim’s will is not to be taken lightly. But you can′t quite consider him a jack of all trades, since he really only wants to go ′all in′ as a singer and an actor.


“I’ve been juggling singing and acting as well as running a business, but honestly, I’ve handed the business over to my friends and am just watching from afar,” said the singer. “I only really care about acting and music. Many people ask me if I’m only going to do two things, and I’m only going to do those two things. Young Saeng, who said he would never do a musical, did a musical a little while ago, but I don’t plan on doing any musicals.”

“I’ve been running tirelessly with the thought that I want to present the fans at home and abroad with something,” continued the singer, revealing his passion and goal-oriented work ethic. Kim is indeed living according to the motto ‘You only live once.’

“I will continue to juggle being a singer and an actor. As I flow [in and out of those roles], I want to establish my image as a singer and an actor. I’m hoping that once I complete the Asian tour, the public will recognize the image of singer Kim Hyun Joong. I’m excited for that day to come. That’s why I want to release an album as soon as I can.”

The level of Kim’s engagement musically continues to deepen as well. Not only did he pen some of the songs himself, he played an active role in the album′s production. His image transformations from album to album also highlights the many facets of his charm, and his first album Break Down, in particular, contains five tracks that showcase different sides to the singer.

“What do I want to achieve in my 20s? I’ve already achieved it. Because I’m a singer!” said the singer. “Rather than what I want to achieve from now on, I want to live out the dream I’ve already achieved as a singer.”

Photo credit: Key East